Welcome to ELA Kick Off!
Please access all soft copies below. Nearly all copies are uploaded as Google-docs. Please make a copy of a Google-doc file into your own Google Drive or save it in your computer before editing.
*Please add all the information you can about you and your teaching context into tinyURL.com/TeamELA.
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
- ELA Re-Gathering
- 1st ELA Text-Based Discussion
- Initial ELA Vision & Sample Lesson Analysis
- Exit Wednesday Form: https://goo.gl/pdy7BN
Thursday, July 16, 2015
- ELA Quantitative Measures & Assessments
- Video & Artifact Protocol
- Digging into 1st Units
- Culture of Achievement in ELA
- Culture Pillars (front & back)
- Culture of Achievement Action Plan
- 1st Days of School Check List
- Student-Facing Syllabus with Goals, Procedures, Expectations
- File full of other example Culture of Achievement/ Management Plans
- Sample Goal-Setting with Students:
- Exit Form: https://goo.gl/1UZ1DC
Friday, July 17th, 2015
- Modifying & Adapting 1st Units with Daily Objective-Writing Skill-Building
- Routines & Procedures for Management & ELA
- Independent Reading Kick Off
- Professional Development Expectations & Calendar
- Exit Form: https://goo.gl/WsidnV
Materials for Shay (Debate)
Micah Everson– He’s the debate teacher in Jackson whose students have won a bunch of competitions. I can’t find his email right now, but I will be able to get it for you!
News about Mr. E.’s Debate Team